Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Ida-who?

This past weekend my mom, Aunt Rita, best friend- L.E, and myself decided to pack up the highlander and get away for the weekend.  Because I have been working Monday-Saturday for the past month, we took advantage of the fact that I had both Friday and Saturday off.  It was a spontaneous trip.  We didn't plan what we were going to do or where we were going to be, all we knew was that we were headed down somewhere in the Montana/Idaho/Washington area.  Friday Morning we started our trip by driving over Logan's Pass. I have easily driven over Logan's pass 20 times, and it gets more beautiful every time. For anyone who has never experienced Logan's Pass or Glacier National Park I recommend getting in your vehicles now.  The usual 4 hour trip to Missoula took well over 6 hours due to construction, a car accident, and slow drivers, but eventually that's where we ended up for the night.  After some necessary shopping, we got our hotel room and were wiped from the long drive.
Fun Fact: Ellie and I are such good friends, we talk to each other in our sleep. Literally.
Saturday morning we woke up, got back in the vehicle and headed to Coeur D'Alene. Again, we didn't really know what we were going to do there, but we knew that it was hot and they had a lake to offer us.  I had never been to Coeur D'Alene, and let me tell you—I may have to take back some the nasty words I have said about Idaho.  Going back and forth from Alberta to Utah more than enough times, I have come to despise Idaho's barren lands and straight roads.  However, Northern Idaho is completely different.  It actually has trees! And it's green! We spent the day lounging on the beach, exploring downtown Coeur D'Alene, enjoying some good food, and looking at nice cars. When we got back to Missoula for the night there was a Celtic Festival going on downtown. Guys...This is why I love Missoula as much as I do.  A Celtic Festival?! So fun! We were surrounded by a bunch of beer drinkin, weed smokin, tree huggin, life lovin hippies, and I loved every minute of it! Such a fun weekend with some awesome people.

from Michaela on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment