Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Thursday 8 January 2015

a Christmas update

Life has been a bit of a blur lately. I could have sworn I just got home 3 days ago...not 3 weeks ago.
So here's a little update on the last moments of 2014 and the first moments of 2015:

On December 20th, I was able to start off the Christmas season perfectly by going through the temple for the first time with my entire family. Incredible. That's all I'm going to say about that. Oh, and G's are the bee's knees if you know what I'm sayin.




We did a LOT of cooking, baking (gluten-free of course), eating, snacking. You name it, we ate it.







This year was especially fun because we had the whole family around for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.  We have two traditions on Christmas Eve: Christmas Eve Fondue & Christmas Eve Books. Both a major success.






One of my favourite moments of the holiday was being woken up by Nix whispering "Kayla, it's time to get up, it's Christmas!" We were up opening stockings and presents by 6:00! It's been a while since we've had to be up that early on Christmas, but we all know Katie just couldn't wait any longer! ;) There's nothing better than watching a kid on Christmas though. Nix and Bens were loving every minute of it (even though poor Benson got sick). Having a bight taken out of the carrot we left out was almost as big of a hit as the presents.  The other highlight of the day was getting video clips that Mason's parents recorded from their skype conversation. Although I didn't get to talk to him, I cannot tell you how good it was just to hear his voice. I can't complain one bit, this Christmas was perfect.






BOXING DAY CANCELLED?!
Ummm....What? For the past 20 years of my life, the Johnson family has ALWAYS gotten together on Boxing day, but this year—for the first time in my life!!! it was cancelled!!! Can you sense the distress? That's because I was absolutely shocked. One of my last opportunities to see all the Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins before my mission, and it was cancelled. I'm still not over it, but maybe by Christmas of 2016 I will be.
We headed down to visit the newest addition to our family (the cabin) on the 27th and stayed through the New Year. Lindsay even flew up from Utah to join all of our adventures. It was a blast, and the perfect way to celebrate a new year! Can you believe it is 2015?!











No comments:

Post a Comment