photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Wednesday, 20 August 2014

A loss of wisdom. teeth.

It's true, I lost my wisdom teeth. Nothing else exciting is happening, so why not blog about it?
Monday morning I drove into the big city with an empty stomach prepared for the surgery to be done.  Of course the prepping before the surgery is always the worst part and they attempted to give me and IV 3 times before one actually decided to behave. I now have an awesome bruise on my left hand, another bulging bruise on my right hand, and a nice mark on my arm. awesome.  But really I'm just being a baby because the procedure went as well as one can go after they finally got an IV in me.  I laid down on the operating table (which to my surprise was extremely comfortable—Bonus) and was out like a light as soon as they began to ask me if the medicine was working.  I remember waking up for the first time with the shakes! And I'm not just talking a little shiver. The bed was a rockin'. I don't remember much after that. I remember one of the assistants asking the nurse what they could give me to stop the shakes and the nurse responding with the word: DEMEROL. I have no idea how they got it in me, but I do remember the nurse saying he didn't like demerol and that he thought it was a dirty drug....and that just frankly didn't make me feel so good, so I'm sure I dosed unconscious again after that.  
They finally got tired of me and I was wheeled out to the car. I'm surprised my mom agreed to let me do this, but about 2 min. after being released I told her I was ready to go into chapters and shop.  We went in together, found the notebooks I wanted, and got out of there before I fell over. I'm sure I had gauze in my mouth, blood or saliva running down my face, and looked like an absolute zombie, but I was insistent. Never too drugged, too rough looking, or too ill feeling to go shopping! Lies. If I were in my right mind....I definitely would have passed on looking like that in public. Yuck.
The drugs must have done something to me because I was awake and ready to seize the day from there on out.  I was too antsy sitting at home on the couch with an icepack on my face, so I made my mom take a drive to Waterton with me that night to get ice cream and enjoy one of the few days left I have in this place.  There is no better place to be than Waterton on a summer night, with no wind, surrounded by the mountains. Pure bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment